There was no SVN update since the previous post because i updating the main game design document and the infrastructure specific table files.
Infrastructures in FARC are all buildings, structures and support installations. They're grouped in Settlements which are founded on a region.
The reason of such groups is for the following purposes:
- to treat infrastructures location in an easy way
- to group infrastructures in a same homogeneous type of urbanization (see the settlements types below)
- to apply events and battle effect on infrastructures as a whole, a single entity
- to store a custom name location
Here's a quick list of particularities of the settlements:
- only one of the same faction can occupy a region, whatever it's size
- each of them has a level noted from 1 to 7, not related to the colony level, that indicate the size of the urban organization
- each of them has a specific type
There's 3 specific types: Surface (can be used in Free and Restricted environments), Space Surface (can be used in Space environmnent) and Subterranean (can be used in any environments).
Here's the Tables descripting each level for each specific type:
- Surface Settlement: Level Name1
Isolated Dwellings2 Hamlet3 Village4 Town5 City6 Metropolis7 Megalopolis
- Space Surface Settlement: Level Name1
Outpost2 Station3 Base4 City Dome5 Space City6 Local Ecosphere7 Regional Ecosphere
- Subterranean Settlement: Level Name1
Buried Outpost2 Deep Covered Settlement3 Underground Complex4 Tube Habitat5 Multilevelled Underground Complex6 Beehive Habitat7 Deep Underground Matrix
That's all for now, i'll resume the development, and SVN updates, tomorrow :)