A note for the Linux Users

today i seen the week stats and one thing popup clearly, that Linux/Unix users seems to be interested too (with 28% of pages by operating systems).

For now the game is win32 only, but someone reported me that it works under Wine.

Initially i began to dev FARC w/ FreePascal for make a portable code under Linux but for some reasons i switched back w/ Delphi. One of those reason is that my old laptop don't stand OpenGL and is now dead.

I plan to buy a 2nd PC in september, at this date i'll put Linux on my current configuration, and so will try to revive the Linux port of FARC (i say "try" since it will had some work and delay).

The only work for porting concerns the interface, i don't think there will be heavy problems for the game system, and the Linux code base already exists.

Just my 2 cents.

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy to hear that :D

    I recently re-found your project and have been looking into this blog to see how things were going. Keep it up, I'm looking forward to this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe thank you :)

    It's again a long way and heavy work but time after time...

    ReplyDelete