0.5.1 Status


There has been not much SVN updates since the holydays but it’s not that no work was provided.
I decided to take a small break in the code for push the completion of the technology trees, and many of the 8 ones are near to be completed. You could say “what’s the point with the 0.5.1 or 0.6 ?”, well there isn’t any, but since that the research and development system is the next big addition after the 0.6, it’s better to complete these tech trees, at least in the design docs, and it’s not a lie when I can say that’s a lot of work. This completion is the conclusion of about 6/7 years of work of design (not full time of course but I work on it since the second failed iteration of FARC).
Anyway since I have two days off on Tuesday and Wednesday I’ll start again the development of the interface to complete the 0.5.1.
I hope to start the dev of the 0.6 after January 15th.

NB: I would like sometime to explain in detail some parts of the game system but don't find the time to do it, it's not always easy, especially when English isn't my mother tongue.

10 comments:

  1. I think I can help you with explaining parts of your game - how should we get in touch? Also, I would like to congratulate you on your progress with FAR Colony, and hope you have a good 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First sorry for the delay in the response.
    I think that the best thing to do is to make a sort of post "release", or post completion, report that talking about the developped game system in the current version. Like for the 0.5, a report talking about the infrastructures, resources and the production system.
    I'll write this one and will send to you, if you want, for correction/clarification. After that i'll post it on the blog.
    I really think that, by this way, it's easier to do that in one post than try to make many ones about the subject during the dev.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello
    What happened to your site on sourceforge?

    ReplyDelete
  4. When will you put up an installer for 0.5? Or are you waiting for 0.5.1?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Anonymous: the project have been deleted by the SF admin due to an old and silly story. You can see the whole story here: http://forum.freegamedev.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1876&hilit=hail

    @Charlie: not for 0.5 but for the 0.6 yes. I planned to make a video after the 0.5.1, which should be completed on the 15th of this month w/ +1 week of possible delay. If you want i'll could upload the 0.5.1 as the "unoficial" release.
    The reason is that at least, even in its crude form, the first phase of the game will be complete from start to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about not getting back to you earlier, but you can contact me at ih8win95alt@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. @RulerOfNothing: ok i note it

    @nenexulo22: wow, put on the reverse thrusters :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @RulerOfNothing: sorry for the first part of the report, i posted it today. I'll contact you for the second one :)

    ReplyDelete