Some Rant about the origin of FARC + 0.5.2 Status

Do you want a good laugh ? I found in my archive the first try of FAR Colony.

The story of FARC extend as far as ...2002, before the two previous failed iterations and even before I begin to dev the universe generator...
This first try, and it's really a "try" because it never gone as far as some user's interface elements on a window, was in 2D. This thing wasn't even localized, in french only, nor had a proper license and the window itself wasn't even resizable. In fact it was my first serious try with the Object Pascal language.
The dev itself didn't lasted long (maybe one or two month), one year later in mid-2003 i began the universe generator.

Here's the link of the video: http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/194/q8y.mp4/

It's sometimes good to know where you come from :)
Considering the 0.5.2, what are the news? Well, I working primarily on the interface yet, many things are to be completed some others are to be fixed.
 I must to complete the design of the colonization objectives, and also to complete the end of colonization phase with the transition to the second part of the game, the sandbox one.
Some other infrastructures will be also added because for now it’s pretty minimalist.
I don’t think it will take 2/3 month to do that, as I said in a previous post the CPS is already developed; it only needs to be expanded. But it will give me some time to refine this first playable alpha.
That’s all for now.

4 comments:

  1. 2002? That's very cool! I started planning my game way back in 2005, coded a bit in 2009, and then finally started serious coding from late 2010 through the present.

    These things certainly take time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, in fact the first serious iteration of the game was in 2004, but the first try 2002.
    I see that you followed about the same time frame :D

    "These things certainly take time :)"
    Oh yeah, and show us the limits between the dream and reality. But things goes on, one day or another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the truth is that there is much improvement ehh? will change xD but all have a good start, does not really seem the same author as the current quality and that version is huge, a greeting and as always waiting for your stories

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha yep, this "version" had nothing much than what i showed on the video, and I had much to learn from Object Pascal yet, before to begin something more serious than that.
    Thank you nenexulo22 and greets to you too :)

    ReplyDelete