0.5.2: Status and Release Confirmed

I currently begin to adding the segment 3 of the production phase concerning the reserves.
In fact I need to complete 3 key updates: the segment 3, the CSM events concerning the reserves (like for the shortage) and finally the end phase of the CPS. The rest is details.

So “normally” I would release the 0.5.2 by the end of May as planned. Of course it will lack of many things but during the next 2 or 3 month (until about end of August at max) I will consolidate this 0.5.2 and will provide updates/patch until I decide that’s OK to go further and add the next game system feature.

I don’t know how much time it would take to release the first beta of FARC (w/ its complete features) and I don’t even know if I will able to do it or if it worth it, especially when you see the new 4X space games that are released this year (Endless Space, Legends of Pegasus, Beyond Beyaan, Novus Aeterno, Sins: Rebellion and StarDrive for just cite them), but anyway I will see.

FARC isn’t targeted as a 4X TBS/RTS strategy game anyway...

Stay tuned.

CPS= Colonization Phase System.

Comments

  1. This is very good news to hear indeed. I wouldn't worry about all the other space 4X games coming out soon - FAR Colony is the only one with an emphasis on space colonisation, and this is why I am eagerly awaiting the first 0.5.2 release.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, and there's no aliens to kill too haha.
    Combat will be possible but will stay a "feature" internal to our race.

    Thank you for your support :)

    Back to work !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment