Alpha 4 [0.5.2] Dev Status: Space Units Missions

Finally the data structure of the tasks is completely audited, refactored and optimized.

It is also now open to future missions (it wasn't really the case before) and also open to the other types, of task like the planetary survey, and is a required element to implement the resources survey in the alpha 5.

Believe it or not but since I was updating the data through the code, I found unexpected errors in some parts of the task assignation. It's not corrected yet, but will be in the next step of this alpha 4.

Talking about the next step, it is now the time to audit completely the space units mission system, including the interplanetary transit and colonization missions. I'll also complete the code for the mission cancelling (I'll talk about it in the next post when it will be finished).

After that I'll audit the code of the Socio-Political Matrix system, including the last show stopper bug fix.

It progress a bit too slowly in my POV but anyway I'm on time with my deadline at mid November for now.
Don't worry for the future, because in fact I did some bad code at the start of the development, 3 years ago, including some bad design decisions. Things has evolved since and I will no more take so much time just to audit about 3 years of coding. I created some "policies" to prevent any bad design decision, and it's better to prevent that because it can be costly in time wasted.
Of course there will be always standard code audit for these unfamous bugs, and more FARC takes shape, more the things become clear :)

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment