Alpha 6 [0.6.0] Dev Status: Satellites Generation, Phase I

I stopped the calculation of the geophysical data at the tectonic activity, because I need data from eventual satellites. So I beginning to implement the phase I of the satellites generation including: additional interface element to setup the satellites and addition of the calculations of the basic, orbital and geophysical data.

It is required to generate them now because I need to calculate the eventual differential tidal stress between each central planet and its satellites, for the tectonic activity data.

Once completed, I'll begin the implementation of the generation of the ecosphere.

For reminder, the next steps after that are: the regions w/ the manual edition interface to allow generating custom maps into Fractal Terrain and bringing back the regions' information into the FUG, part of the resources, the biosphere, and the last part of the resources. Theses update concerns also the satellites.

Finally I will update the FUG with my last updated notes about minor changes here and here and this big step of the alpha 6 will be completed.

NB: FUG= FARC Universe Generator

Comments

  1. You lost somewhere halfway through the post but damn this sounds good ! :) Were you some kind of scientiest in another life ? .... or this one ? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL! Thanks! :)
    Nah I'm only a QA Auditor in a health insurance, something far from the stars and less interesting, but it put food on the table.

    But yeah I like to read science books since my teenager days but I never been really good at school, partly because I never liked these preformatted places anyway; full of bullies, jerks and incompetent "teachers". So no scientist career for me ;(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well ... there's always this project :D http://applicants.mars-one.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooooh o.O

      Cool, and by 2023 I have the time to complete FARC 2 times, lol!

      There are cuties applicant too, that's important to pass long "study" time in this harsh Martian environment!

      Well.. sorry that's the summer you know... haha.

      Delete
  4. Nice. I am a big fan of your work. Keep on coding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks for your words of support! Especially regarding this long-haul development time, that's always appreciated.
      Greets!

      Delete

Post a Comment