Alpha 10: End of Mass Design/Conversion, Near-Completion of RDS Design and Start of Dev

I finally completed the transfer of all the design work I made for the two previous iterations into this current one.
The technosciences and theories count for about more than 160 of them in the spreadsheet, but the graph, which is more filled than in the screenshot of the previous post, totalize about 200 of them. It's a bit of work, as always with something complicated as we like it :)

I also continued to design the Research & Development System (RDS) because obviously it wasn't really finished. It is the case now. I must transfer this work into the main document but it's more a job of word processor than something else now.

So, finally from this Friday night I will begin the implementation of the RDS into FARC with these much summarized steps:

  1. Implementation of the required technosciences data into the products' data structures.
  2. Implementation of the required technosciences data into the infrastructure's data structures.
  3. Implementation of the dynamic layer subsystem
  4. Implementation of research & development subsystem
As usual not all details will be implemented, but by the time release, the RDS will be functional.
Beside all that I will also continue to expand the XML database with additional tech and theories.

That's all, stay tuned.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for your support :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been tinkering with the alpha and while I can fly my spaceships around, only the ship that has colony modules seems capable of anything. When I create a colony, I can seem to assign workers but haven't figured out how to get them to do anything. Does a survey need to complete for that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First, sorry for the delay in my answer.
      Yes for now, only the colonization spacecraft have woking a role. The workers that you assign are only used to assemble or build infrastructures and, once assigned, are used as a single value for the whole colony to indicate its construction workforce point (or CWP).
      The survey is only used, at least for now, to detect resources spots for ore and other resource to let the player and the future AI to extract them.
      I'm sorry, I know that the game system is far to be clear, and the encyclopedia pretty empty excepted for some part.

      Delete
    2. No worries -- just trying to understand the game. You have an extremely cool realistic framework.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for your support! It doesn't evolve as fast as I would like but it's OK especially since I haven't taken the easy way. Back to work now :]

      Delete