In each race, which for reminding are humans, clones and artificial intelligences, and their ethnic groups there are different categories of population. Some are basic some are more specialized in particular domains. The IT rules have for use to simulate the transition of parts of a population from a category to another one and, for the most common case, from the basic categories to more speicalized ones.
I reduced the micromanagement by two ways: first, the training methodology (TM) employed by a faction is precisely faction-wide. So there's is only one data at the faction level to determine which one is used in all the faction's colonies. Two, the system of repartition is entirely automated and doesn't need any input from the player/AIs, but they can override occasionally the system for an emergency or force it for strategic purpose.
I wanted at the start a system of priorities with some sliders as for sole user's interface, but managing it for each colony would be a boring chore.
There are 7 TM that affect training and instruction speed. They also can affect other things like in the socio-political matrix or the research and development system but I will not explain these details in this post. The list below describe each method.
- Human to Human: the most ancient form to pass knowledge and train students. Doesn't require any particular technology even if it can use some equipment to support the method. It is the most basic method and is applied by default.
- Brain Enhancement Drugs: this method is basically the Human to Human improved by the distribution to students of brain enhancement drugs. These have for usefulness to reduce the training time and are also not without any side effects.
- Cyber-Teacher: use the help of non sentient AIs (as a minimum) to replace the human interaction. It regroup the knowledge of a database with the explanations and support of a dedicated artificial intelligence.
- Accelerated Life Simulation: this method is inspired from a sci-fi story I read some years ago. It combines virtual reality with a full scale neuro-stimulation permitting to give accelerated "real" experiences to the student, so he/she practically learns by experiencing fast forward different life situations. This method a big step from the precedent one.
- Hypno-Education: method to "inprint" knowledge into a student's brain set in a state of deep hypnosis in a non-invasive way. It doesn't provide a complete understanding but sort of "bury" the basics that become natural to the student.
- Direct Brain Training: this method uses of a direct neural interface to directly upload knowledge to the student's brain. It doesn't spare him/her to train and experiment this new knowledge. Compared to hypno-education, it is an invasive way.
- Hive-Learning: this method is for the clone and AIs race only. It allow a transfer of knowledge among single-minded brains, the distribution is quasi in realtime.
That's all for now.