FARC is bundled in two flavors: manually, with 7z archives and semi-automated with setup files.
These two ways doesn't requires that FARC is previously installed.
If it is installed and you use the setup file, please bear in mind that it will update correctly only from the alpha 10-iteration 01, not from the alpha 10 or any other alpha before.
If it isn't the case, just remove any previous version of FARC before to install this one.
If you take the manual way, please delete any previous version of FARC before.
Setup is here: FARColony-full-alpha_10it03-0.6.8.1011.exe.
Manual archive is here: FARColony-full-alpha_10it03-0.6.8.1011.7z.
Cumulative patch for the Manual archive of FARC alpha 10 (released before this first iteration update) is here: FARColony-cumulativepatch-alpha_10it03-0.6.8.1011.7z.
To apply the patch unpack into your install dir and overwrite anything.
- Colony Panel / CSM Events List:
- the tree list is now expanded by default.
- the current event level is displayed with additional information, related to the particularities of each event.
- the linking, to encyclopedia definitions, is restored and re-enabled.
- Colony Panel / Population List:
- population counts are now formatted to take into account big units. For 1 - 999,999= full unit, for 1,000,000 - 999,999,999= in K (kilo/thousand) unit and for 1,000,000,000 - 999,999,999,999= in M (million) unit.
- Colony Simulation Model (CSM):
- the events are now correctly cancelled when needed.
- the health indexes ranges have been modified.
- calculations to apply modifiers to the health data has been fully fixed.
- in Health-Instruction Relation event, the modifiers have been completely modified.
- new Format (special text formatting, with sometimes inclusion of databases' data into the description:
- CSM Events.
- new Topic:
- Annex - CPS Viability Objectives.
- new Entries:
- Production System:
- Conversion-Asssembling-Building SubSystem.
- Annex - CSM Events:
- Colony Established.
- Dissident Colony.
- Food Production Overload.
- Food Shortage.
- Governmental Destabilization.
- Health-instruction Relation.
- Oxygen Production Overload.
- Oxygen Shortage.
- Social Disorder.
- Water Production Overload.
- Water Shortage.
- Faction Decision Engine (FaDE):
- very basic implementation of the Entity Unit.
- implementation of the data of faction-level Global Directives.
- banner for the Welcome message, from Krislachowski @ OGA.org, with pubdlcnt.php.jpg.
- banner for the Welcome message, from Ratimir Rakuljic, with 01 - Far Colonybanner.jpg.
- banner for the Colonization (with settlement) message, from Rawdanitsu @OGA.org, with 01 - SpaceBackground-3.jpg.
- Help Panel:
- the area where the entry text is displayed is now scrollable and is completely wheelmouse friendly.
- the panel can now be resized and affect directly the entry text area.
- Interface - Overall:
- badly called token into the ui.xml throw now an exception. Some old calls, that affected the text display into the interface, have been fixed.
- using the mouse wheel on an user's interface component will not affect zoom of the 3d view in the same time anymore. The cursor must be on the 3d view itself now to zoom/unzoom the view (without need of any clicking).
- fixed the third party component THTMLTreeview with html link; the cursor changed outside the link and the click was effective outside too. It act normally now.
- basic implementation and initialization of the HTML hint system.
- complete overhaul of the messaging system; messages in plain text aren't stored into the game save files, saving some space. It is also possible now to switch from one language to another and have the messages automatically et correctly translated.
- each type of message can now have a banner to illustrate it when it is displayed in the expanded view. There can be multiple pictures for a same type of banner, FARC chose one among what is available. If no picture is created for a type of message, the banner is simply not displayed.
That's all, stay tuned.