These two points can be optional for the scope of the first phase of the game, but they are core parts of the SPM, so since the iteration 4 is about this system, better to complete it.
I also finally completed the design and conditions rules for the colony levels and go to implement them too.
Each colony is ranked in size and political importance by the using of levels, which goes from 1 to ten. Here's the short description of them:
- Outpost: minimum population = 1+
- Base: minimum population = 11+
- Community: minimum population = 101+
- Settlement: minimum population = 1,001+
- Major Colony: minimum population = 10,001+
- Local State: minimum population = 100,001+
- Regional State: minimum population = 1,000,001+
- Federated States: minimum population = 10,000,001+
- Continental State: minimum population = 100,000,001+
- Unified World: minimum population = 1,000,000,001+
These levels aren't used only to rank a colony but are (or will) be used for mega projects of infrastructures and others parts of the game.
The ranking is entirely automated, there's no need of a particular action of the player to "level up".
Like for colonies, factions have levels too.
It determine the rank and capability of a faction in space, and it is used mostly in foreign relations, the SPM policies and also future space megascale projects.
Here's the short description of the levels:
- Isolated Colony: the faction own only one colony
- Space Nation: the faction own more than one colony, all two located in the same star system, and doesn't control this same star system.
- Micro-Federation: the faction have more than two colonies located in the same and/or another star systems. Also the faction can also have two colonies located in two different star systems.
Additionally the faction doesn't control any star system.
- Minor Space Power: the faction control one star system
- Space Power: the faction control 2 star systems
- Major Space Power: the faction control 3 to 4 star systems
- Federation: the faction control 5 to 10 star systems
- Macro-Federation: the faction control 11 to 20 star systems
- Empire: the faction control more than 20 star systems
As you can see, the requirement of most of the faction levels are linked to the control of star systems.
This control indicate which faction has a predominance, on a space level, onto a star system.
There are 3 states:
- Uncontrolled: the star system isn't controlled by any faction
- Under Control of x: the star system is under control of the faction x
- Contested Control by a, b,...: more than one faction have the control of the system
Beside that I working, also on the design level, of the overhaul of the matrix of influence between all memes and policies of the game, with revised and better allocated modifiers.
The new ones will provide more variations in the results.
I will implement the changes into the XML file when I will complete the overhaul.
That's all for now, stay tuned and thanks for your interest.