Alpha 10 - iteration#06 Release
U2 - A Sort of HomecomingAnd you know it's time to go
Through the sleet and driving snow
Across the fields of mourning
Light in the distance...And you hunger for the time
Time to heal, desire, time
And your earth moves beneath
Your own dream landscape...
Well, here is the release that was near to never see the light of the day, due to my "small health problems".
The alpha 10 [0.6.11.1028]it#06 is released.
FARC is bundled in two flavors: manually, with 7z archives and semi-automated with setup files.
These two ways doesn't requires that FARC is previously installed.
If it is installed and you use the setup file, please bear in mind that it will update correctly only from the alpha 10-iteration 01, not from the alpha 10 or any other alpha before.
If it isn't the case, just remove any previous version of FARC before to install this one.
If you take the manual way, please delete any previous version of FARC before.
Setup is here: FARColony-full-alpha_10it06-0.6.11.1028.exe.
Manual archive is here: FARColony-full-alpha_10it06-0.6.11.1028.7z.
Cumulative patch for the Manual archive of FARC alpha 10 (released before this first iteration update) is here: FARColony-cumulativepatch-alpha_10it06-0.6.11.1028.7z.
To apply the patch unpack into your install dir and overwrite anything.
From 2016-01-03 to 2016-04-24
As usual I wasn't able to put anything I wanted in this iteration.
- Bits of interface for the Geological Survey.
- 1 new meme and one policy.
The iteration #07 will be about adding 90% of interface with the Colony Panel (and more precisely the infrastructures), some new assets (infrastructures, products, and the missing SPM items), and expanding the encyclopedia.
- the zoom/unzoom with the mouse wheel is now limited to avoid extreme zoom and unzoom.
- the topic Planetary Survey is renamed into Planetary Exploration.
- New Entries:
- Status, Details.
- The Colonization Viability Score (CVS).
- Annex - Energy Generation Modes:
- Nuclear Fission.
- Photon Energy.
- Game Saving/Loading:
- if the colony panel was opened before a new game is loaded, this one is closed.
- new texture for black holes.
- Help Panel / Encyclopedia:
- full bringtofront for the panel if it is hovered by the mouse.
- Interface - Colony Panel:
- full bringtofront for the colony and surface panel if the colony panel is hovered by the mouse.
- Interface - General:
- the two fonts for the default texts and the secondary elements have been replaced by two new which appears to be more readable.
- the automated font sizing has been changed for certain elements.
- the color of the SPM and CSM events modifiers are adjusted according to the meaning of positive and negative value for each modifier.
- fixed the credit page display with a bug when displaying empty or n/a licenses.
- the main title bar can be hidden or displayed. An option allow to switch the proper mode.
- the menu bar can now be hidden and popup when needed. An option allow to switch into the fixed or dynamic mode.
- the option submenu, of the main menu, is better arranged.
- Interface - Planetary Exploration:
- if a type of vehicle doesn't use any crew, the interface is formatted to taking it into account.
- Expedition Setup:
- small change into how the arrows to select the number of vehicles groups are displayed in the case where the colony has in its storage only one unit of a vehicles group.
- the capabilities of each vehicles group is now fully displayed and uses icons to do so.
- Survey Details:
- "duration" of a phase is replaced by "elapsed time".
- Interface - Surface Panel:
- full bringtofront for the colony and surface panel if the surface panel is hovered by the mouse.
- the display, on how the geological survey buttons and the infos (including the resource spots) are made, is finalized..
- New Messages:
- Planetary Exploration / Resources Survey: when a vehicles group is arrived on site and begin the survey.
- full code audit (refactoring, code cleanup, optimizations, bug fixing) of the Planetary Exploration system and the Resources Survey subsystem.
- the Distance to Atmosphere Entry is correctly displayed when the Mission panel is triggered.
- Planetary Exloration:
- full implementation of the automation options.
- fix CurrentPlanetarySurvey init. Raise a bug when more than one survey in same time.
- fix CurrentVehiclesGroup init. Completely flawed logic.
- fix in the core processing of the survey.
- little overhaul; now planetary exploration is composed of two differents surveys; geological and biological survey.
- before to remove the data of a finished exploration, the system test if all the groups of vehicles of a same expedition have effectively a mission completion (are back to base).
- fix: resources spots with rarity = absent aren't anymore included into a resource survey, as they should have.
- the distance toward the target region is moved to the exploration/expedition data and not group of vehicles by groups of vehicles.
- the last survey progress for a geological survey in a region is now stored besides the surveyed resources spots.
- PS_completionPercent; restore with the SRS_surveyedRegions[Region].SR_lastSurveyProgress. Thus it allows to resume any previous geological survey that was not completed..
- initialization of a new unit for the future instruction & training subsystem (ITS).
- the assignation and un-assignation of one category is now made through its proper method.
- Socio-Political Matrix (SPM):
- new memes ( total = 21 ):
- Nuclear Fear.
- Planetary Chauvinism.