Online Update + Alpha 10 - It. #08: Linking of CPS Objectives with SPM and Backstories

I finally registered to a host service, DreamHost, because the dropbox solution wasn't working.
Now, the future files for online updating have finally a home and I also registered www.farcolony.com, which will be pretty simple to find.
I also started to develop the updater, it will not be a big thing but will contains certain info like which build is online, what are the current and previous changes and if the saved game files, of the version of FARC currently installed, will be compatible or not.
This last point will induce an update in the code to save/load saved game and include version numbers.

For now I will continue to use this blog, but all the files, ie the online and offline ones, will be hosted on the private host. I will update the download links of this blog once the domain is fully registered and the setup of this online service is full done.
It is certainly a commitment but it is time that FARC has its own home.

On the development side I nearly completed the rules and calculation of the CPS objectives and I started yesterday to link the SPM memes and policies to them, when something is correlated.
That's mean that the selection and the setup of objectives, even if a bit random, will keep a certain coherence between the faction of allegiance, its SPM setup and the backstories.

Talking of backstories I made a good amount of overhaul, for all the playable factions, to include the expeditions and their possible backstories by design. Of course for now, since only Magellan Unity is implemented, the development itself will concern only this faction but the design is global.

So many things progress in the same time and it is pretty fun.

A last thing, all these changes, even if I remove myself from GiHub, will not change the status of FAR Colony.
So it will stay free as air until I die and beyond, and since I started the code under GPL 3, FARC will stay released under this same license and so will stay open to modifications and such.
The assets stay under their own and proper licensing and credits, in accordance to the choices of their creators and contributors.

Thanks for the reading and... stay tuned :)

NB:

CPS: Colonization Phase System
SPM: Socio-Political Matrix

No comments:

Post a Comment