- Colonization Phase System (CPS):
- [New: DONE] the status weights of the selected backstory are now stored into the CPS' data structure for further uses, like the initialization of the objectives and the update of their scores.
- Factions / Starting Locations:
- [New: DONE] expand the : "add a parameter, for the starting locations, which stipulate the scope used for randomness for an actual entry." with an additional scope: If Planets-NoSat, it indicates that only all the TELLURIC planets of the system are included in the list of starting locations, But it excludes the satellites.
- Infrastructures (database):
- [New: NOT DEV] adjustment into the determination of infrastructure levels (IL). For reminder, IL encompass grossly the size of an infrastructure into one readable data that is used, among other things, to determine the size of the settlements.
Now it is calculated with one universal formula based on the design of each infrastructure. So no more guessing.
- Interface - Action Menu:
- [New: DONE] fix: the menu display correctly the Colonization Mission for the space units with docked FCP-80. It wasn't anymore the case since the last changes.
- Interface - Mission Setup / Colonization:
- [New: DONE] a deprecated string, for the element used to set a name for the new colony, has been corrected. The information to validate the name is now displayed as a hint.
- Interface - Orbital Object Panel:
- [New: DONE] fix: the initialization of the region's zones, on the surface of the orbital object, are now correctly initialized at the start of a game.
- [New: DONE] the color of the selector, on the surface of the orbital object, has been changed for a better readability. In the future I'll see to adjust a bit the color of it according to the tone of the displayed surface map.
- Planetary Exploration / Resources Survey:
- [New: NOT DEV] adjustements to determine the size of discovered resource spots. It is now totally in line with the levels of infrastructures and how the size of settlements is determined.
- [New: NOT DEV] adjustements to determine the size, and the progression of it, for all the types of settlements. Calculations are 100% in-line with the new way to determine the infrastructure level.
- Time Flow System:
- [New: WIP] the realtime portion is removed entirely. FARC will stay turn-based but with more option of turns, like the possibility of events end of turn; for example when a colonization mission is set it is possible to process the time flow until the first Colonization Mission is done.
As announced above, I adjusted how is determined the level of an infrastructure. It is based now from the design of the real size of one of them, with a formula that gives a level of infrastructure in final.
It is important, because I also adjusted how the size of all types of settlements is also determined. And the calculations are now also 100% compatible and in line with the infrastructure levels.
Before It was a lot of guess and some speculation, giving no statisfying results.
Don't worry it isn't another overhaul, but really a refining of data.
It isn't implemented yet, but will be once I finished to code the Colonization Phase objectives.
Speaking of objectives, the initialization of specific data for the PROVIRSRC objective (Provides A#Resource for #Period in plain CodeGlish) is fully done.
This objective is the reason I worked on the infrastructure levels, because something was off between the size of the resource spots, the infrastructures and the settlements.
The calculation of the size of the resources spots, discovered during a planetary survey, is now also 100% in line with the changes in infrastructure levels / settlement sizes, and above all, more realistic (or at least more coherent) regarding of the size of a region.
Yes, FARC use the full size of regions of a planet or asteroid, so one can go upto millions of square kilometers. It is why, until now, the size of the spots weren't pretty realistic and were as off as the rest. But it is now adjusted.
Again it will not be a overhaul of the planetary survey system, but an adjustment on the discovered size of spots.
Also the concept of iterations is now removed; for now, and until the game is basically playable from A to Z in this colonization phase, it will stay at the alpha 10.
Only the release (x.x.15/.16 and so on) and build numbers will continue to evolve.
Once I completed this first phase, the progression of major/minor versions will resume.
That's all.. I guess hehe :)
Have a good day, and thnaks for your interest!